For a comfortable ride, proper cycling attire is a must, especially for lengthy rides.
Men and women’s body shape and size differ. A female cyclist must look for bike shorts designed to protect the bottom. We have researched of the best bike shorts for women available in the market and here are our top favorites.
As comparing different products in the list, we recommend you choose Beroy Womens Bike Short as a most optimal option for your rides.
This product brings about high comfort and protects the female’s delicate bottom without the bulky feeling.
Here below is the best women’s bike shorts that you can have today.
The Beroy Womens bike shorts showcase quality workmanship. The manufacturer used chamois fabric with 3D-gel multi-layered padding. The topmost layer composes of microfiber and combined polyester and spandex. These bike shorts have anti-bacterial agents that prevent bacterial growth.
The shorts have mesh panels. They keep the cyclist cool during hot weather. Reflectorized logos on the shorts add safety to the rider.
- The fabric material is chamois with 80% polyester and 20% spandex
- 3-D gel multi-padding offer extra cushioning on female’s delicate parts
- Infused with an anti-bacterial agent, reduce saddle sores and bacterial growth
- Breathable mesh panels
- Shorts have reflectorized logos, better visibility in conditions with poor lighting
- The sizing guide does not provide accurate measurement
The Louis Garneau Women’s Optimum 2 Shorts can provide the best comfort that women cyclists look for. Designed with a snug fit waist, ideal for any ride.
The shorts have power mesh, allows air to circulate freely. On the other hand, the Louis Garneau fits perfectly on thighs. Thanks to the powerband stitched done on the inner seam. The shorts reflective logos and trim offer maximum visibility in poorly lighted areas.
This brand offers the highest resistance against moisture build-up. The bike shorts advanced moisture management keeps cyclists dry even during prolonged rides.
- Provide snug fit on waistline and thighs
- Shorts have reflective logos and trims, improved visibility
- Fabric is highly stretchable with inseam 7”/18cm.
- Uses moisture management technology on fabric, rider remains dry
- The design of the bike short is not flattering
Best for Slim but Comfortable Cushion
The BALEAF Womens Bike Shorts offers the best deal for your money. The product’s fabric is a combination of nylon and spandex (80% and 20%). On top of that, it is sewn with a 3D-gel pad for superb comfortable cushioning of women’s bottom.
The shorts have UPF 50+ Protection, suitable for riders cycling in areas with hot weather. The reflectorized logo and silicone leg grippers add to the safety of women cyclists.
The fabric’s moisture transfer technology assures rider to remain dry while cycling.
- The product has an affordable price
- The fabric has UPF 50+ protection
- Made from 3D chamois with padding, extra cushioning for women’s bottom
- 9” inseam
- Non-slip leg grippers, fit snugly on thighs
- Sizing may appear small in actual, customers need to add extra on size
- Leg grippers can cause discomfort, not advisable for long-distance rides
Best Body-heat Thermoregulation
The NOOYME Bike Shorts are designed with superior padding, extra long with gel foam layer. At initial glance, the shorts appear bulky, but when worn, you will agree with me of NOOYME being the best-padded shorts for women.
The shorts offer a custom fit for the wearer. They have a wide waistband and large leg grippers. The fabric composition of the shorts is 80% polyamide and 20% spandex, which is an excellent body-heat thermoregulation.
The even distribution on padding would appeal to cyclists riding upright position.
The overall fit of these shorts is perfect, not too tight.
- 3d Gel foam padding
- Snug fit for riders, wide waistband and large leg grippers
- Material composition (80 percent polyamide and 20 percent spandex)
- Has body-heat thermoregulation, ideal for long rides
- Actual sizes may have plus or minus difference, customer should note this when taking body measurement
The Eco-daily Bike Shorts are constructed to be relatively lightweight, only weighs 150 grams. The material composes of spandex and polyester. The waist is designed with rubberized V-shaped bands.
These shorts have no leg grippers and favor riders that have skin sensitivity or prone to rashes.
The product boasts of invisible inseams, provide sufficient support along the hip bones.
This product is quite versatile. It can be worn as an undergarment and no one will notice you wearing it under a dress, skirt, or pants. This is a plus point for women that have to work out after work or school.
The product comes in varied colors to suit every female rider’s personality. Shades to choose range from blue, pink, purple, and dark grey.
- Lightweight material, weighs 150 grams
- Designed with V-shaped waistband
- Visible inseams
- Available in various colors
- Shorts have no leg grippers, tend to roll up on female riders with thicker thighs
Best Padded Cycling Shorts
The XGC brand sells a premium quality cycling outfit. Their cycling shorts ergonomic design improves the riding experience of cyclists.
At first glance, the XGC women’s cycling shorts appear durable and can withstand frequent washing. When touched, the fabric feels soft on the skin and not too thick. It would be a perfect cycling outfit for warm weather.
The 4D high-density sponges of the shorts add extra cushioning to the female rider’s bottom, especially for long rides.
As for color selections, shorts come in all-black or with various shades. Riders can opt for the black-green, black-pink, black-yellow, or purple-yellow. These contrasting colors increase the rider’s visibility at night.
The product comes in different sizes to match every rider’s small, average, and heavy size built.
- Ergonomic design and detailed stitching guarantee lasting wear
- Breathable and lightweight fabric, quick dry with 4D sponges
- The reflective logo on the front and back, offer maximum visibility at night
- Product comes in all-black design and black with contrasting colors
- Leg cuff may be a little bit skintight for larger athletes
Best for Casual Use
The Champion Life Women’s Everyday Bike Short is the one of the trendiest short on market. The design of the short suits minimal workout. But, can be worn as cycling short for casual rides.
The fabric material has been sourced from top quality cotton and polyester, 90% cotton and 10% spandex. The fabric feels ultra-soft on the skin. The short has no closure such as drawstring. The elastic fabric offers a snug fit on the waist and hips.
- Breathable fabric, 90% cotton, and 10%spandex
- Suitable for machine wash
- Versatile (for cycling, workout, or casual home attire)
- C logo patch visible below the back collar of the short
- The original color mentioned may slightly differ
Best Bike Brand Shorts for Women
The Terry Bella Bike Shorts have been categorized as the “best” bike brand shorts for women. The shorts feel lightweight and breathable, thanks to its chamois fabric. It has been proven to have high resistance against moisture build-up.
The manufacturer designed the shorts to naturally contour the varying shapes of female cyclists. Detailed stitching added to short’s durability. Wide waistband snugs comfortably around the waist, allowing the cyclist to ride with ease even when in an aerodynamic position.
The colors are only limited to shades of black and grey. Sizes range from small, medium, large, and extra-large.
The muscle compression of these shorts relieves the rider from any pain or discomfort while cycling.
- Perforated chamois fabric, highly breathable
- Wide waistband
- Varied sizes available to fit small, average, and heavyweight female riders
- Designed with moisture control and muscle compression
- The price is a bit costly compared with other brands
Best Indoor Cycling Shorts
The DILANNI Women’s Yoga Shorts will look stunning on every female rider. The design of these shorts contours a woman’s shapely figure. The fabric used is a combination of 88% polyester and 12% spandex, highly stretchable.
The shorts feature high waisted, wide elastic waistband, tuck the tummy without feeling of discomfort. So, the effect on the wearer is a slender shape.
The shorts thick fabric provides decent body coverage and support than other shorts made from thin or see-through fabric.
Other features that these shorts include lightweight, moisture-wicking, and wearability for indoor activities. They can be worn for any fitness activity such as yoga, biking, jogging, and running.
- The fabric has a 4-way stretchable feature (88% polyester and 12% spandex)
- The product has a moisture-wicking feature
- High waisted with wide elastic waistband, give the body the hourglass shape
- Multiple uses (for yoga, gym workout, cycling, running, and outdoor activity)
- Varied sizes available to fit small up to heavyweight body frames
- Not suitable for a long ride because it’s not padded
How to select the best bike shorts for women?
Deciding on which brand of bike shorts to buy can be tricky, especially if you are just new to cycling. Below are common factors to address that will help decision-making less complicated.
The material you chose for your bike shorts fabric is important. It may lead to a satisfying or discomforting experience such as leave you feeling sweaty or cool. Here’s a list of fabrics to consider.
One of the best fabrics used for bike shorts is polyester, durable, and abrasion-resistant.
Elastic is the cheapest material. But, has excellent elasticity and does not restrict body movements.
Nylon and polyester would make a great pairing for bike shorts. Though not as durable as polyester, nylon can bring balance as it possesses traits of elasticity and breathability.
Padding is not really a necessity for all cyclists. The preference for opting for bike shorts with extra padding depends on the user’s body shape and conditions of the road.
If you have sensitivity on the bottom and cannot withstand sitting on a hard surface, then, you need to choose shorts with padding.
Foam-gel padding is highly recommended. The foam material does not trap heat. So, it feels cool even during lengthy rides.
You may have noticed the “inseam” on most of the products mentioned above. Shorts with shorter inseams are suitable for spin class. Cycling would require shorts with inseams that stay above the knee of the rider. The longer the inseams the lesser the incidents of chafing or rashes along the inner thighs.
Waistband and leg openings
Waistband adds to the comfort of the wearer, especially to cyclists. It can be quite discomforting to wear bike shorts with a waistband that is too tight or leg openings that roll-up. The ideal shorts should have a waistband that hugs the waistline or tummy comfortably and leg opening that stays in place regardless you are cycling down or uphill.
Some brands feature shorts with pockets while others provide a pocket hidden on the waistband. The decision to go for shorts with pockets or none rely on the wearer.
Bike shorts with extra breathability features are bonus points. Apart from keeping the body heat of the rider at a stabilized level, breathable shorts allow sweat to dry quickly.
Every female cyclist should wear the proper attire when cycling, A bike short may appear very basic, but it plays a major role in the comfort of a cyclist and performance.
The top pick brand for best bike shorts for women is Beroy 3D Gel Padded Women’s Shorts while the runner up is Louis Garneau Optimum 2 Shorts.
We encourage anyone to read thoroughly this review to get some ideas. Be sure to align your specific needs and riding preference with your chosen brand.